On the 15th of Every Month
Tuesday May 16th, 7:00 PM at the Library
Visit Us At The Library
Who we are
The Friends of the Milpitas Library is an active non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the Milpitas Public Library. There are over 200 Friends composed of community residents and library patrons who show their support for the Milpitas Library by being part of this organization. Membership is open to all.
The Friends' main source of funds is book sales. We have three main sales channels: (1) an on-going sale in the Book Nook near the circulation desk at the Library, (2) online sales through Amazon, and (3) three major book sale events annually plus periodic one-day sales.
Approximately 95% of the funds raised by the Friends go directly to the Milpitas Public Library to support a variety of programs, grants, supplies, and library projects.
Supporting the Friends
Board of Directors
The officers of the Friends comprise the Board of Directors. Among other duties, the Board schedules book sales, sets prices and determines how funds are to be used.
The Board is composed of the following members:
- President: Linda Arbaugh
- Vice President: Madelyn Lee
- Secretary: Catherine Pelizzari
- Treasurer: Emma Karlen
- Booksale Coordinator: Nonie Veccia McDonald
- Publicity: Dana Arbaugh
- Membership Chair: Melanie McInerney
- Member at Large: Bessie Louie
- Member at Large: Judy Duffy
- Community Librarian: Stephen Fitzgerald
- Linda Arbaugh, Ling Chen, Sandy Denzel, Terri Feeney, Rosemary Joy, Nonie Veccia McDonald, Kathy Merkley, Dac Ngo, Catherine Pelizzari, Farhana Sharmeen, Margie Stephens
- Dave Stephens, Honorary Lifetime Member
- Melissa Louie, Website Designer
- Charles Key, Webmaster
The following volunteer regularly in the Friends room, sorting and boxing donated books.
Other Friends who have contributed:
Read our bylaws (revised 9/10/2012).